Tuesday, January 11, 2011


So I know I am at least 4 major events behind on this blog, I am in no way happy about this as this is supposed to be tracking not only my life as a mom, but the growth and development of my children. 

This post will try to capture these last 4 events and then I am up to date. I have a few recipes that I hope to share from the last few months, as we did A LOT of eating over the past 2 months!! Welcome 2011! 
Thanksgiving in Eugene, OR


We rented a 4 bedroom house, best idea ever! 18 for Thanksgiving dinner. Great visiting with Aunt Susan. We went to the Invitational Tourney at Mac and took some cool family photos. We ate BBQ from The Hole in the Wall. Ryan and I went to the football game where Nicole was featured on the jumbo-tron! We ate way too many Voodoo Doughnuts! Hands down best Thanksgiving we have had in 4 years!

Christmas Pictures








Christmas 2010

This was our third Christmas spent as a large family, waking up at 510 Dellbrook. It is nice to have Nicole home for Christmas and this year Steven came too. We are lucky to know that she is loved even when she is not surrounded by usChristmas began for us on Sunday, December 12, with the wonderful gathering in Lodi. Ryan Christmas was small this year, but no matter what it is a blessing to be with such a loving family, and we all understand and cherish the family that is at a distance. We sure do miss them, though! Brock had a blast playing with Uncle Shane's electric train under the tree and we loved Kim's meatloaves! Home cooking is the way to go.
Christmas Eve with the Canepa's was held at Aunt Cheryl's house this year. We had ham and torttelini and champagne. And Mr. & Mrs. Miscellaneous provided the amazing Dark Chocolate Peppermint and Eggnog Ice Cream pies!!! 
Christmas morning was filled with Thomas the Train, Lightning McQueen, books, and a play kitchen! Santa and this family sure do love Brock and Sylas! Sylas and I slept off a cold while Ryan made his traditional papas con chorizo, eggs and sausage and mimosas for breakfast! We then all got ready for dinner (its the reason for the season, EATING!) and we had Nana and Papa (Kathie and Larry), Uncle Kyle and his Tofurkey, Uncle Lance and Billy and GG Sue and Aunt Susan for a delicious dinner of prime rib!
We ended the weekend, staying in, dry and warm and even though I had to leave with my laryngitis at 6am for work, I knew that the amazing festivities were catching up and everyone would enjoy a peaceful day at home. Christmas is a time to celebrate what brought the holiday to be, the making of a family! Happy birthday, baby Jesus!

[Somewhere between Nicole's birthday on Dec.23 and Christmas Day I lost my camera!]

WELCOME, 2011!

Ryan, the boys and I spent a quiet NYE at home. Mom and Dad spent it in Sonoma, Kathie was in Santa Paula with Pop and Betty and Monica had a few drinks with Lance and Billy before also retreating to home. Nicole was in Arizona for the opening Pac-10 games!

I didn't have to think too hard about a resolution, but decided that I have one ultimate goal this year and my resolutions encompass that:
1. get my health under control 
2. more discipline for myself and the boys
3. a better routine

 ...this year I will become a Marathon Runner!
I will be 30 in October, if I can't take complete control of my life now, what will the next 30 years look like? I want to be the best not only for my children, but ultimately for myself. 

Happy New Year! My your 2011 be filled with MAGIC!


No comments:

Post a Comment