Thursday, August 5, 2010

Leaving a Legacy

I am trying to capture the lives of Brock, 2, and Sylas, 8.5 months. We do so many things together and I want to capture them for their future, well really for my future. I am pretty sure this is the completion of our family. Two boys, our 8 year old boxer, Maya, my husband, Ryan and I. I am already holding onto their childhood, not wanting them to get any bigger. I love them all so much and thank God this is my life. 

I have decided that my goal in being a mom is to instill my 4 greatest values: GRATITUDE. faith. Love. legacy. If I can live with these four values and teach them why they are important to me and to them, I truly believe I have done my job as momma.

GRATITUDE. I am thankful everyday for waking up, for the sun shining (or here in the SF summer, the drippy fog), I am thankful for my family, my friends and my job. I am thankful for everything including what challenges me. It is in this gratitude that we can see just what we have and what we can give to others.

faith. Believe in yourself, believe in others, but most importantly, believe in God.

Love. Love yourself first and then loving others is easy. But no matter what share your love with hugs and kisses and telling those you love everyday just how important they are to you.

legacy. Leave lasting change. Leave a novel. Leave a cure. Leave an heir. Leave a legacy of something incredible. And perhaps it is not world re-known, but no matter what leave something that you are proud of.

Thanks for joining me on this exciting adventure. Life with the Garcia Brothers.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new look... can't wait to keep up with the adorable Garcia babies! but i think you need to have one more... a girl ;) xxoo

    ReplyDelete